Friday 6 May 2011

Dukan Diet: Day 5

Well, motivation is low, energy is high, and maybe we are no longer following the diet 100% but trying to make up for it with extra excercise.

Day 5, May 5th 2011
Weigh-in: 
Diane (D)-72 kg, (158.7 lbs); Down 2.2 lbs or 1.37%
 Erik (E)-101 kg, (222.7 lbs); Up 1.1 lbs or .5%
Our scale is so crappy and cheapy that I don't know if we're even going to weigh ourselves anymore (that's what you get for $5).  If I get off and back on, the weight will change.  BUT, I put on my skinny jeans today and they fit pretty good, even right off the drying rack, when they are usually a nightmare to put on.
Also, energy level is definately up and i'm not starving anymore.

Day 5 excercise:
 -We also always take the stairs and we live on the 3rd floor so that can't hurt either.  The kids like to take the elevator but most of the time we make them walk too. (like 5 or 6 times a day)
-I also park at least an 1/8 of a mile from Kada's school.  I don't know why, it's just an easier place to park, not necessarily for the walking. :o)  kids played around at school afterwords and i kept walking around the whole time (bout 40 min).
-Was getting into the usual 6pm slump so I put my shoes on and told Alex we're headed out ot play soccer.  We all went and it was fun. I ran a total of about 1 1/2 laps but broke it up a bit more (field is probably between 1/8 and 1/4 mile around) and did not get hives, only red itchyness.  Also we walked to the nearby park and let the kids play while Erik and I kicked the ball back and forth.  Good excercise cause you're more worried about getting the ball than thinking about excercising and since we can't kick it to each other to save our lives, this works out better for the excercise part of things.


Day 5 food:
E breakfast: pancake, protein shake
E lunch: took carrots and ham to snack on at work and some change for diet cokes, ended up going out to eat and had something on a bun, hmmmm
breakfast: glass milk & yogurt
snack: 1/4 pancake
lunch: ham slices, 1/4 cucumber
snack: chicken pieces (leftover from roast ckn)
dinner: pepper steak (WOW, really peppery), custard (BAD, not really bad for you but def not on the diet), 1/2 pancake
snack: 3 gummy bears, left over from son's ice cream cone (BAD), 1/4 pancake

Diet notes:
I'm liking the results (i think, our scale is really sucky so maybe we havn't lost what we think or maybe we've lost more, who knows.  I wore my stretchy pants today and I think I'm feeling a bit better about things but it could be everything is in the head right now.) I'd hate to quite when its working but protein really sucks.  Where is the diet that tells you to eat icecream and chocolate all day?  That's the one for me!!
Plus, if we want to excercise (recomended in teh book to do both of course) who has the energy for excercising when they feel like they might pass out from lack of nutrition? (that's how erik felt this morning).
BUT, as I've said, now that i've gotten over the starvation hump (stomach must've shrunken up by now), I do have more energy.  We saw a bit of 'the devil wears prada' last night and i remember one part where a secretary is on a diet and she says it's perfect "well, i don't eat, and when i feel like i'm going to faint, i eat a cube of cheese"  I feel like that's pretty good.  If I feel weak, i eat some protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment