Tuesday 3 May 2011

You Can Dukan: Day 1

Date: May 1st, 2011
Weigh-in:  none, we didn't have a scale yet!

Step 1:
The very first step in this diet, and I guess any diet, is deciding where you want to be?  How much do you want to weight? Or, in my husbands case, what size pants do you want to wear?  Erik is pretty muscular and is more concerned with reducing fat than reducing weight.  He works out so may be gaining muscle as he loses fat. (or vice versa!)
 My ideal weight was an easy one for me.  When I went to Field Training for the Air Force (2002) I was in pretty descent shape and I weighed 142 lbs.  After Field Training, I was super skinny, more muscular, had no boobs and looked like a boy and I weighed...... 142 lbs.  Apparently this is my weight.  (or course that was 2 children and nearly 10 years ago but hey, if you're goin for it, go for it!) I entered my info on the Dukan diet website and rounded off to say that I wanted to weigh 140 lbs.  It came back and said my ideal weight should be 142....weird, and very specific!
 Agian, Erik doesn't have an ideal weight but he did say he wanted to lose about 20 lbs so we'll put his goal at 201 lbs.

We also took pictures but I promised Erik I would not post them (at least not until we had better ones to compare them too!) so we'll have to wait on those!

Step 2:
How long do you want to be in the Jump Start section of the diet?  The website reccomended 2 days, the book reccomended 5 days.  Erik & I opted for the 5 days because we want the biggest bangyest (?) start to or diet so we lose some weight and get really excited about it.  Plus we are gluttons for punishment.

When we bought the book, we also went grocery shopping and bought what I thought was good Protein food: Salmon, steak, steak, and eggs.  I also bought cucumbers, mushrooms, and other healthy feeling foods that I hadn't found out would not be allowed yet.

Day 1 food:  Protien day w/ 20 min walk (required every day)
breakfast- 2 boiled eggs with salt each
lunch-missed it while we were out shopping
early dinner-steak with pepper and onion seasonings
late night snacks as we were both starving at this point (not what you're supposed to do on this diet).  The big plus of this diet is you can eat as much as you want, but it has to be proteins.  I hadn't read the book yet so steak & eggs were really all i knew about protein!  We snacked on ham slices while we watched TV and ate some more eggs.

Unless I dug into the book and learned more about this diet, I didn't think we'd make it just eating eggs and steak!

No comments:

Post a Comment